Everyone wants some kind of motivation to keep going forward while performing different workouts. The same case is applied here in swimming as professionals need motivational music to keep performing their swimming drills.
Henceforth, swimming headphones become a necessity in this regard. That said, the best swimming headphones are waterproof, easy to adjust and can be used to listen to bass boosted music as well.
However, one thing that you should keep in mind that finding a perfect swimming headphone is not a piece of cake, especially with inflation. As a result, I’ve compiled a list for you that you can check out to make a better decision.
Let’s have a look one by one:
Best Swimming Headphones 2021 – Top 10 Picks
|Swimming Headphones Name||Wired/Wireless||MP3 Player|
|1. HydroActive Headphones||Wired||No|
|2. Sony NWWS413LM||Wired||Yes|
|3. H2O Audio||Wired||No|
|4. AfterShokz Xtrainerz||Wireless||Yes|
|5. TOZO T10||Wireless||No|
|6. Swimbuds Flip Headphones||Wired||Yes|
|7. Pyle Headphones||Wired||Yes|
|8. Swimbuds Sport Headphones||Wired||No|
|9. H2O Audio Stream 2||Wired||Yes|
|10. Donerton Wireless Earbuds||Wireless||No|
1- HydroActive Headphones – Best Swimming Headphones 2021
The headphones from Underwater Audio i.e. HydroActive tops our list for being the best choice out there in the market. Most of the professional swimmers right now are considering in these headphones as they can offer a good blend of music with loud and clear sound. The swimming headphones have got a durable construction. That is, the use of top-notch materials allows to add more beauty within the overall shape of the headphones. Apart from that, HydroActive swimming headphones are a perfect swimming partner for those who are interested in listening to bass boosted music all the time. The special qualities and features of the headphones make them a bit expensive. However, that’s what you have to pay especially if you want to enjoy music while swimming.
Some notable features related to HydroActive headphones are as follows:
Features You Should Know
- Taking about the body first, HydroActive swimming headphones are attached to a simple wrap-around band that can easily be adjusted on the backside of head. On the other hand, a 3.5m audio jack is present that can be connected to an MP3 player easily.
- Besides, the best headphones are 100% waterproof. They won’t get malfunctioned even if you want to perform regular swimming workouts and remain the water for too long.
- As far as the use is concerned, these headphones can be used for various purposes. That is you can listen to music with HydroActive headphones while swimming, kayaking, during SUP or while canoeing.
- User interface of the headphones is simply awesome. It’s direct plug-n-play where you have to insert the audio jack into an MP3 player and VIOLA the headphones will start working without any single problem.
- Finally, a one-year warranty is also given along with the headphones package. Therefore, you have the advantage to claim warranty anytime you feel that the headphones are not working as advertised.
Check out the latest HydroActive headphones from Underwater Audio if you need a daily dose of motivation. The music that these earbuds offer is extremely clear, loud and is bass boosted at the same time.
2- Sony NWWS413LM – Best Sony Headphones for Swimming
The headphones from Sony are not ordinary ones. That is, you get a complete deal of 4GB MP3 player with integrated earbuds for a perfect music experience while you are swimming. Sony with the latest technologies has tried its best to make the headphones as portable as possible. Other than that, you will also enjoy bass boosted music not only while swimming but doing literally anything. The watertight properties allow you to listen to music either in water or in snow or anywhere you want. Furthermore, the best headphones have got a 4GB MP3 player in which you can upload a large number of songs and thus can listen to any type of music depending upon your taste. The price, however, is a bit higher than expected which is why you’ll see these headphones with professionals only.
Some important features regarding Sony swimming headphones are as follows:
Features You Need to Know
- Talking about the MP3 player first, it has 4GB storage and is already integrated with the earbuds. So, you will keep yourself away from the hassle of connecting earbuds with an MP3 player manually.
- Other than that, the earbuds and MP3 player, both are resistant to water, dust, snow, sweat, and saltwater. In simple words, you can use these earbuds anywhere you want without any issues.
- Furthermore, the design and shape of Sony headphones is ergonomic. That said, the buds can easily get adjusted to your ear. Not only that, but these buds will also be preventing the penetration of water inside the ears.
- Uploading songs was never so easier. Sony MP3 player allows you to directly import songs from iTunes and has a USB 2.0 interface available as well in case you want to upload the songs manually.
- Finally, the headphones have got a durable construction. That is, you’ll be able to enjoy a dose of highly-motivational music while performing different swimming drills for a long time.
The MP3 + earbuds combination by Sony is simply mesmerizing. You better check out this deal especially if you are a music enthusiast and cannot perform any activity without listening to your favourite music.
3- H2O Audio – Best Wired Headphones for Swimming
H20 is a popular brand across the world with some amazing music accessories for music lovers. That said, it has also introduced special headphones meant only for swimming. The best feature regarding these headphones is that they are waterproof. So, no matter for how long you remain in the water, you’ll always be listening to your favorite songs without any stoppage. That being said, the main reason I’ve liked H20 Audio earphones a lot is that their buds have got different size ranges. So, it is easier for you to insert them in your ear according to your preferences. Moreover, the price tag is also lower as compared to the first two headphones that we’ve discussed.
Some important features related to H20 Audio are as follows:
Features You Should Know
- Let’s talk about the sound quality of these headphones first which is just amazing. Combining different technologies, H20 earphones offer sound with clarity and premium bass to ensure a perfect swimming experience.
- Moreover, the headphones work on a simple plug-n-play interface. That said, upon inserting the 3.5mm audio jack into any MP3 player you have, the headphones will start working without any distortion.
- The headphones, besides, have got an IPX8 rating which ensures 100% water resistance. In short, there won’t be any effect of water on the quality of music that these headphones are going to offer.
- As I’ve said above, the earphones are extremely easy to use. They offer the due comfort to ears and helps to avoid penetration of water into the ears as well. So, they’ll be working both as headphones as well as swimming earplugs.
- Finally, while purchasing these headphones you’ll have peace of mind as they’ve been covered with a 1-year warranty. So, you can easily perform different swimming drills while listening to music in a perfect manner.
H2O Audio are one of the cheapest headphones available in market with qualities like water resistance, loud and clear music, and a one-year warranty. So, check them out before it’s too late.
4- AfterShokz Xtrainerz – With Bone Conduction Technology
AfterShokz Xtrainerz is indeed a pioneer of technology and sophistication. You’ll be surprised to hear that the headphones literally offer you to listen to music via bone conduction technology. Yeah, I’m not joking at all. With the help of cheekbones, you’ll now be able to enjoy music without anything in your ears. So, things are pretty much simple. That is, you just have to cover your ears either with a swimming cap or with swimming earplugs. As far as the construction of these headphones is concerned, it’s well up to the mark. Moreover, the headphones have got their MP3 player. So, there won’t be any hustle while trying to connect them with any other device. Well, to enjoy these awesome headphones, you’ll have to pay more as these are a premium pack for sure.
Some notable features are as follows:
Features You Need to Know
- The headphones have got special bone conduction technology. Sound waves are delivered to cheekbones as compared to ear canals. So, you can listen to your favorite music with due comfort.
- Although the headphones are wireless, there is a 4GB built-in MP3 player available that can be used to listen to songs. The MP3 player also allows you to import music from iTunes without any issues.
- Continuous playing time is also offered when you purchase the brand new AfterShokz Xtrainerz. That said, the headphones will work for 8 hours without any stoppage. The battery timing is indeed very long.
- With IP68 rating, the headphones are perfectly waterproof. No matter how long you remain in the water, the headphones will offer you a perfect blend of bass boosted music without any issues.
- Finally, due to the bone conduction technology being used, you can now enjoy music without any discomfort in your ears. Your ears won’t have to suffer as these headphones are there to make everything perfect.
AfterShokz swimming headphones have shocked the whole swimming world as many pro swimmers are using them right now. Check them out if the budget is not an issue for you.
5- TOZO T10 – Best Wireless Earbuds for Swimming
TOZO T10 are the first wireless earbuds on our list that can offer you a dose of loud and clear music with full boosted bass. The earbuds connect via Bluetooth technology to MP3 players and offer premium quality music to the swimmers. That said, the best headphones have got a unique shape. They are compact and easily get adjusted to each ear to offer an ergonomic fit. Therefore, you’ll not have to worry about the buds while performing intense swimming drills. On the other hand, Bluetooth headphones have got a rugged shape. That is, the body is 100% waterproof. So, there won’t be any interference of the water in lowering down the audio quality at any cost.
Some notable features regarding the headphones are as follows:
Features You Must Know
- TOZO T10 headphones have got the latest Bluetooth 5.0 feature integrated which improves the overall range and helps to enhance the quality of music at the same time.
- Powerful bass performance is also guaranteed with these earbuds. Special stereo drivers being used in the earbuds allow them to offer you bass boosted and loud music without any distortion.
- The connectivity, on the other hand, is not as complex as one might expect. That is, after getting connected, you can easily pair them to a Bluetooth device to enjoy songs and motivational music.
- Last but not the least, the headphones have got 4 hours playing time on one single charge. However, keep in mind that the earbuds can easily work with compact charging via the storage case.
Better check out the latest headphones offered by TOZO in case you are fond of wireless technology. The earbuds have got latest Bluetooth technology and are available at an affordable price tag as well.
6- Swimbuds Flip Headphones – With 8GB MP3 Player
Swimbuds Flip Headphones is yet another complete deal of premium quality earphones along with an 8GB MP3 player in which you can store at least 1000 songs without any issues. 8GB space is more than enough to keep as many songs as you want. Talking about the construction quality which is premium. In addition to that, the headphones work on wired connection technology and directly get plugged into the MP3 player to deliver HD sound without any issue. As far as the price tag is concerned, in my opinion, it is extremely low. DUDE, you are getting a package of 8GB MP3 player along with waterproof headphones, what else do you need? It’s simply amazing how much affordable these swimming earbuds are.
Some notable features regarding Swimbuds Flip headphones are as follows:
Features You Should Know
- Keep in mind that both headphones as well as the MP3 player are waterproof and have been rated with IPX8 certification. Therefore, you can enjoy long swimming sessions with the ultimate music experience.
- Other than that, the deliverance of music by earbuds is top-notch. The songs will be played with clarity and premium bass at the same time.
- Last but not the least, a one-year official warranty is given along with the earbuds and MP3 player. So, you will have peace of mind while listening to music with these headphones.
You should seriously start thinking about getting Swimbuds flip headphones as in my opinion, you won’t be getting a perfect deal than this combo of 8GB MP3 player along with premium earbuds.
7- Pyle Headphones – The Swimming Headphones Under 40
Pyle headphones and MP3 player combination is yet another affordable choice that you can avail to enjoy swimming in style. That said, the headphones have got a simple wrapping shape just like a typical gaming headphone. However, the buds are perfect for listening to music embossed with bass. Moreover, Pyle has also made sure that water cannot penetrate inside your ears while you are trying different swimming exercises. All in all, I’ll be suggesting this headphone and MP3 combo to the swimmers with a low budget range.
Features You Must Know
- One of the best headphones for swimming has got a 4GB flash memory MP3 player that you can use to store different music genres without any worries.
- On the other hand, long-lasting battery life of 10 hours means that you’ll keep listening to the music you want for a longer time.
- Finally, the IPX8 rated certification means that these headphones are resistant to water and won’t get malfunctioned even if you remain in the water for a longer time.
The headphones from Pyle should be on your priority if you want to enjoy long-lasting music while swimming in an affordable budget.
8- Swimbuds Sport Headphones – Headphones Under 100
Sport headphones by Swimbuds work with wireless technology and are made with premium quality materials at the same time. That said, the best headphones have got water resistance technology which means that you’ll be enjoying an ultimate music experience even under the water. Well, the price tag is a bit expensive and that’s what you gotta pay especially for the premium headphones.
Features You Need to Know
- Special 3rd gen Hydrobeat technology being used in the headphones increases the loudness clarity and bass for a perfect music experience under the water.
- Other than that, the headphones work on plug and play interface. You can easily start listening to different songs by just plugging it into a nearby MP3 player.
- Last but not the least, the reason I liked these headphones is that they’ve got special buds that are extremely comfortable and offer a premium fit at the same time.
Sport headphones are my personal favorite choice and I’ll be recommending you to go for them for immense underwater music experience.
9- H2O Audio Stream 2 – Best Bluetooth Headphones Under 100
Audio Stream 2 by H2O are the latest headphones available in the market that are suitable for the swimmers. The headphones have got a sophisticated design. Plus, I really liked the compact MP3 player which is available within the complete deal. Other than that, the music quality is just awesome as it’s H2O we are talking about. Well, as far as the price tag is concerned, it’s a bit higher than expected. However, it is justified as per my perspective.
Features You Must Know
Stream 2 officially supports Apple iTunes so now you can easily import your favorite songs from iTunes to your MP3 player without any worries.
In addition to that, the best headphones have also got superior sound quality with amplified bass and clarity to let you enjoy the songs you like in the best possible manner.
Check out the latest H2O Audio Stream 2 headphones if you want headphones that can work for a long time without causing any malfunctioning issue.
10- Donerton Wireless Earbuds – With 6-Hour Playing Time
The last headphone left on our list is from Donerton. The headphones have got a special feature that is a long-lasting battery. Yeah, you heard it right. These earbuds can offer a 6-hour non-stop playing time without any worries. The construction, on the other hand, is also durable enough to last for a long time.
Features You Should Know
- The earbuds have got an ergonomic design and will remain intact to your ears even if you are practising intense swimming drills.
- Besides, the sound quality is also up to the mark. These headphones use special stereo engineered technology to ensure a perfect balance of bass, pitch, and rhythm of the music.
- Last but not the least, touch control feature allows you to control different options of the earbuds just like you do on a smartphone.
The earbuds from Donerton should be considered especially if you want wireless headphones for swimming purposes within an affordable budget.
How to Select The Best Swimming Headphones – Complete Buyer’s Guide
Choosing a swimming headphone pair is not a piece of cake as you have to look at different perspectives at once. Hurrying up will only make things worse for you. So, it’s better to give some time to choosing an ideal headphone set for swimming before making the final decision.
Thence, I’ve compiled a list of some important features that you need to consider before choosing the best headphones for swimming. Let’s have a look at them one by one:
1- Comfort Matters
I know that you are looking for headphones that only offer superior sound quality. But, what’s the point of getting headphones that will irritate your ears? It’s obvious that with such headphones you won’t be able to enjoy music to its fullest.
So, you must give priority to comfort especially while considering the headphones for swimming purposes. For this purpose, you need to take a look at the buds of the headphones and make sure that they are made with soft materials to offer better comfort.
2- Wired or Wireless?
It depends upon you solely. However, if you need to go with my opinion, then I’d be going for wireless headphones. Why? Let me tell you why.
Wired headphones although have an easy user interface, can cause chaos with all that tangling issues. On the other hand, Bluetooth or wireless headphones don’t have this problem. Plus nowadays Bluetooth headphones have got long-lasting battery feature at the same time.
So, believe it or not, but the future is of using wireless gadgets and you should be choosing your swimming headphones with respect to this statement.
3- Go for Headphones + MP3 Duo
The reason I have listed so many headphones with integrated MP3 players is that you will be getting a full package. Getting this duo will mean that you can just plug in the headphones into your player and BOOM! You’ll be enjoying the ultimate music experience without any worries.
Henceforth, consider this feature before making a final decision.
4- Water Resistance
Make sure that the headphones you invest in have been certified with IPX8 or IPX9 ratings. These rating certification means that the earbuds are completely waterproof and you can use them while swimming in a pool or a lake.
FAQS Regarding Swimming Headphones 2021
1- Can you wear headphones while swimming?
Of course, you can. Swimming headphones are specially designed to offer you due comfort and a perfect blend of bass as well as a loud sound quality while you are under the water.
2- What are the best wireless headphones for swimming?
AfterShokz Xtrainerz are indeed the best wireless headphones for swimming. They are updated with the latest technology and can offer you an energized music experience.
3- What headphones does Micheal Phelps Swim with?
Micheal Phelps uses H2O Audio Surge 2G to enjoy music while practicing different swimming drills.
Summing Things Up
That would be all from me regarding the best headphones for swimming purposes. Check out the list I’ve mentioned above to make a final decision or take a look at top 3 recommendations as:
- Swimbuds Sports headphones if you are looking for wired swimming headphones.
- H2O Audio Stream 2 if you want the best wireless swimming headphones under $100.
- AfterShokz Xtrainerz if budget is not an issue for you.