A tragedy with most of the swimming pools is when they start getting polluted either with bacteria or with algae. In short, the pool water cannot remain crystal clear for a long time especially if you are not caring enough. Therefore, to avoid this problem, a better solution is available in the form of the best pool shocks.
Getting the pool shock, thus eliminates germs, bacteria and sticky algae from the corners of the swimming pool to make it as clean as possible.
So, to help you clean your swimming pool in a single go, I’ve got a list of some of the top pool shocks available in the market based on their quality, cleaning process, and affordable budget range.
Are you in a Rush? Here are our Top Picks
Let’s take a look at them one by one:
Top 6 Best Pool Shock for Better Cleaning – Top Picks 2021
|Pool Shock Name||Ideal For||Packet/Bottle|
|1. Pool Essentials Shock||Removing Cloudiness||Packet|
|2. Clorox Pool&Spa Shock||Removing Green, Black and Blue algae||Bottle|
|3. HTH 52016||Removes Bacteria and Algae||Packet|
|4. CLOROX Pool&Spa 32312CLX||Reduces chlorine odor||Packet|
|5. In The Swim Pool Shock||Reduces chlorine odor||Packet|
|6. Zappit Pool Shock||Reduces chlorine odor||Bucket|
1- Pool Essentials Shock – Best Pool Shock 2021
The shock from Pool Essentials is on the top of our list mainly because it’s been rated as a perfect choice to remove germs and pollution from pool water. That said, you’ll be getting 6 packs in the package that you can use to make the water as crystal clear as possible. Other than that, the main reason Pool Essentials is on the top of our list is that the brand is well-reputed. Besides, it’s been producing pool water shocks for a long time as well. Talking about the working process which is extraordinarily perfect. There won’t be any bacteria, or algae remains left in the pool right after you dissolve this shock in the water. Cutting the long story short, the availability of 6 packets within a 15-dollar budget is a perfect deal for you.
Some important features regarding the best pool shock are as follows:
Features You Must Know
- The first feature that you need to know about Pool Essentials Shock is that it’s been made with fast-reacting chemicals. Therefore, it will surely dissolve at a higher pace and will start working to clear out germs and algae.
- One of the best features available within this pool shock is that it removes cloudiness from pool water. Cloudiness can really cause many problems and it’s unhealthy to take a bath in such type of water.
- Moreover, the best pool shock also removes other harmful contaminants from the pool water. This might include, body sweat, urine, smell of chlorine, algae, bacteria, and body oils, etc.
- One main reason you should use this pool shock is that it perfectly removes chlorine odour. That said, you’ll be able to enjoy swimming or bathing in crystal clear water for a long time.
- Finally, this shock doesn’t require any assembly. You just take out one packet, open it and spread it in the pool water. It will start working as soon as you dissolve it in the water and will remove cloudiness from water for sure.
First of all, highly-reacting chemicals are not suitable for a home with small kids. You must keep this package away from children at all costs. Other than that, the pool shock is perfect from all perspectives.
Pool Essentials Shock is indeed one of the best choices available in the market that will surely remove many contaminants from water with ease. Better get the package before it runs out of stock.
2- Clorox Pool&Spa Shock – Best Easy-Opening Pool Shock 2021
Clorox Pool&Spa Shock is yet another pool shock that you can consider especially if you don’t want the hassle of opening packets manually. The best pool shock, first of all, is confined in bottles. In short, bottles are easy to open as compared to packets and that’s where Clorox takes advantage. Other than that, the cleaning properties are just awesome. This pool shock will perfectly remove harmful contaminants from water so that you can swim or take a bath either in a hot tub or in a pool without any fear. As far as the dissolving rate is concerned, it’s well up to the mark due to the presence of highly-reacting chemicals. In the end, the price tag is a bit expensive and that’s what you have to pay to get sophistication of pouring bottles instead of packets.
Some eye-catchy features regarding the best pool shock are as follows:
Features You Should Know
- Ease of use is the first feature that I’m going to talk about regarding Clorox pool shock. It is confined in rugged bottles that you can easily open to pour the chemicals in the water without any dangers or risks.
- The formula of this pool shock apart from cleaning other contaminants is regarded best for removing blue algae. It contains special blue algae removal crystals to ensure there is no algae in the pool you are about to swim.
- Other than the blue algae, the best pool shock also can kill black, green and especially mustard algae. So, in short, Clorox has its concentration on the removal of every type of algae from pool water in the best possible fashion.
- Apart from algae removal, the pool shock also has this ability to remove bacteria from water. You’ll be able to enjoy crystal clear water with top-notch quality. Simply, you won’t be getting any disease from pool water after using Clorox pool shock.
- Last but not the least, this shock also ends cloudiness of water that might be caused due to presence of body oils, urine, body sweats or any other contamination. You’ll be able to use the pool water to swim or to bath in with peace of mind for sure.
Highly-reacting chemicals should be handled with care. Clorox Pool&Spa shock although it is confined in easy to pour bottles, you should be wearing gloves to make sure that the chemical doesn’t touch your skin at any cost.
Clorox pool shock although it is going to cost you a bit more than other typical shocks, you’ll surely get satisfied with its quality. So, consider getting it especially if you want your pool to get rid of any kind of algae without any issues.
3- HTH 52016 – Best Pool Shock For the Money
Here comes yet another brand i.e. HTH with an exquisite reacting pool shock which is going to remove anything present in the pool water within a short time. That’s right though. I’ve used the pool shock from this brand for my hot tub and the results were perfect. That is, my hot tub seemed like I’ve just filled it with water for the very first time. As far as the amount is concerned, there are 12 manual packets available within the package that you have to pour down in the pool water for the shock to start working. Other than that, the qualities that this pool shock has are just awesome. You’ll be able to get the complete package in less than 40 bucks which is just a bargain as the cleaning action of this pool shock is simply awesome.
The important features related to one of the best pool shocks are as follows:
Features You Need to Know
- First things first, the chemical formula used in HTH pool shock is extremely reacting. That said, the brand claims that it will clean the pool water and make it crystal clear in less than 24 hours which is just awesome.
- Other than that, the quality to kill bacteria and algae is also up to the mark. You won’t be seeing any type of algae sticking to the walls of swimming pool if you are using the pool shock from HTH regularly.
- As far as the other features are concerned, the best pool shock also is ideal for salt waters. So, apart from removing contaminants, it surely will make the water as neutral as possible by reducing the concentration of salt in it.
- 4-in-one action is assured by the brand. That is, the pool shock will remove bacteria, algae, and other harmful contaminants from the water in a single go easily.
- Finally, apart from other features, this pool shock also treats hard water perfectly. In addition to that, while you are using this chemical regularly, there will be less irritation or pain in your eyes due to better water quality.
Pool shock from HTH is highly reacting and can cause allergic reactions as well. Therefore, I’ll be recommending you to keep it away from children at all costs. Other than that, the packets should be opened with scissors and not with the mouth.
HTH pool shock is indeed a perfect solution for the pools which have never been cleaned from a long time. You better check it out, especially if you want better water quality in a short time.
4- CLOROX Pool&Spa 32312CLX – Best for Removing Swimmer Contaminants
Yet another chemical formula from Clorox Pool&Spa is taking over the market by offering pool cleaning qualities with a 100% guarantee. Yeah, you heard it right. This pool shock works even better than the previous version and helps to clean a large water pool in no more than 15 minutes. The fast-reacting chemical once poured down in the water will star cleaning foreign debris, high chlorine concentration, bacteria and algae in almost no time. You can safely throw the pool shock in the water without any fear. As far as the price tag is concerned, a 12-pound package of Clorox pool shock formula will cost you no more than 40 bucks. This is a bargain for large swimming pool owners for sure.
Some of the main features being discussed regarding 32312CLX pool shock are as follows:
Features You Must Know
- Clorox Pool&Spa shock has a quick-reacting time. Once poured down into water, you’ll have to wait for at least 15 minutes to enjoy crystal clear water again.
- The pool shock formula, on the other hand, is a pioneer of removing cloudiness from the water as well as organic contaminants. You’ll surely be getting crystal clear pool water that you can use either for swimming or bathing.
- Special Clorox App available on Playstore and Apple store is also present that you can activate to keep a check and balance on the pool water. The app will be offering you tips and simple techniques to keep the pool water clean for a long time.
- Chlorine odor is an issue for those who are extremely lethargic to the chemical. Therefore, this pool shock helps to reduce the chlorine odor so that you can swim or relax in your pool without any frustration.
- Last but not the least, the best pool shock even with fast-reacting formula won’t have an impact on the overall pH of water. So, there won’t be any change in the taste or smell of water even if you are using this shock.
Clorox pool shock is famous for offering the formula in pourable bottles. However, contrary to the advertisement, this pool shock is available in packets. So, that’s one thing that you need to know regarding this product.
So, Clorox Pool&Spa shock is available in the market within a 40-dollar budget range. However, before you consider it, keep in mind that there won’t be any bottles in the package.
5- In The Swim Pool Shock – For Removing Chlorine Odor
The pool shock from In The Swim apart from removing bacteria and algae focuses on neutralizing the effect of chlorine perfectly. One of the best shocks are available in sachets that you can pour down in the water to enjoy odor-free pool water either for swimming or for relaxing in the pool. In The Swim guarantees that this pool shock is everything that you’ll be needing to keep the water as pure and clear as possible. As for the price, you’ll be getting 24 sachets within a 100-dollar budget range which is quite a bargain considering the features that this pool shock has.
Some notable features regarding the best pool shock are as follows:
Features You Must Know
- The pool shock is particularly designed for neutralizing chlorine odor from the water. It can be used for regular maintenance of the pool water at the same time.
- Moreover, the working process is pretty much quicker than expected. That said, this shock can remove algae, bacteria and other contaminants from the water within a short time.
- 68% Calcium-Hypochlorite being used in the formula ensure a quick cleaning process. The Cal-Hypo based formula is perfect for large pools and hot tubs.
- Finally, In the Swim Pool Shock can neutralize the cloudiness in water without impacting its pH. So, you can easily enjoy swimming in the water without any frustration.
Keep the sachets away from the reach of children. Other than that, the sachets should be used carefully as the chemical is highly reactive.
In the Swim, although concentrates more on neutralizing chlorine, it can be used to make the pool water as cleaner as possible.
6- Zappit Pool Shock – Editor’s Choice Pool Shock
Finally, the last pool shock available on our list is from Zappit. This shock comes in with a chemical formula that is highly reactive and can remove even the discrete foreign particles from water in a go. That said, Zappit pool shock surely is going to cost you more than expected. However, that’s what you have to pay in order to enjoy clean and pure water for a long time.
Features You Need to Know
- The chemical formula contains 73% of Calcium Hypochlorite which means that no matter how polluted the pool water is, it will get cleaned in a matter of time.
- The granular formula, on the other hand, is also fast dissolving. So, you won’t have to wait for more than 30 minutes for the formula to finish the cleaning process.
- All things being said, Zappit pool shock is available in a bucket which is easier to use and store respectively.
The formula is extremely reactive. S0, it’s better to apply precautionary measures before using it.
The pool shock from Zappit must be considered especially if you are in need of a long-term investment.
How to Select the Best Pool Shock in 2021 – Things to Consider
Choosing a pool shock in 2021 is not as easier as one might think. You need to consider many perspectives before making the final move.
So, some important factors that you need to consider in this regard are as follows:
Ease of Use
Although packets or sachets are easy to use, you need to take immense care of your hands while opening them. In short, the packets will be giving you a tough time for sure.
So, my recommendation here is to go for ease of access. Now brands like Clorox Pool&Spa are offering pool shocks in pourable bottles that are easy to use and store at the same time.
Hence, that must be your priority before you make a final decision.
The pool shock you are going to get must be fast-dissolving and highly-reactive. In this way, you won’t have to wait for a long time to get back into the pool.
The pool shocks that I’ve listed above are all fast-dissolving as well as highly reactive. You should check that list out especially if you are not a man of patience.
The only reason you are going for a pool shock is that it must make water crystal clear and free from organic contaminants. So, you should check out the chemical formula before deciding on getting a pool shock.
For this purpose, I’ll be recommending you check out the concentration of Calcium Hypochlorite and if it’s more than 50%, then the formula will be able to remove contaminants from water with effectiveness.
Therefore, better consider this recommendation if you don’t want to waste your money on cheap chemical formulas.
FAQS About Best Pool Shocks
What is the best shock to use in my pool?
Zappit Pool Shock is a perfect choice to consider if you want your pool to get rid of excessive algae, bacteria, and other contaminants.
What is the best brand of pool chemicals?
Clorox Pool&Spa is undoubtedly the best pool chemical brand with formulas that are affordable and easy to use.
Will baking soda clear up a cloudy pool?
NO! That’s a myth only. Baking soda won’t be clearing up cloudiness from pool water anytime soon.
Summarizing Things Up:
That would be all from my side regarding the best pool shocks available in the market. Better choose a pool shock that can remove all harmful contaminants with ease of use. The top 3 recommendations in this regard are as follows:
- Pool Essentials Shock if you have a low-budget range.
- Clorox Pool&Spa Shock if you want the ease of access.
- Zappit Pool Shock if budget is not an issue for you.